Jemma holds a Bachelor's Degree in Film & Television from Swinburne University, and has worked for the past 7 years in post-production as an Editor and Assistant Editor in documentary, drama, educational, and non-profit work. She has additional experience as a Producer.
Her work has screened on the ABC and ABC2, and exhibited at MONA (Museum of Old and New Art), National Gallery of Australia, National Gallery of Victoria, Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, ACMI (Australian Centre for the Moving Image), Tandanya Aboriginal Visual Arts Centre, and at The Cambridge Museum of Archaeology & Anthropology in the UK.
She has been working overseas in Washington DC, but is returning to Hobart in September 2019.
- Editing short films, televised documentaries, visual art installations, and promotional videos.
- Working with respected non-profits and human rights groups.
- Sound mixing. Colour grading. Conducting research.
- Media management. Online publishing.
Clients incl. GetUp! Australia, The Wilderness Society, Bruny Island Cruises, and indigenous artist Julie Gough; airing on the ABC & ABC2; and exhibiting at MONA, National Gallery of Australia, National Gallery of Victoria, Tasmanian Museum & Art Gallery, ACMI (Australian Centre for the Moving Image), and at The Cambridge Museum of Archaeology & Anthropology in the UK.
- Assisting on 8x1hr episode TV drama series THE KETTERING INCIDENT starring Elizabeth Debicki (Guardians of the Galaxy 2).
- Processing dailies. Synching and grouping multi cam video and audio.
- Logging footage. Building string-outs. Organizing the Avid project.
- Managing the metadata database. Editing assembly sound.
- Writing the Technical Bible document of procedures.
Notable Projects: ROYAL WEDDING BALI STYLE, a feature documentary on the Balinese royal family aired on ABC, and FOUNDERS & SURVIVORS, an educational web portal licensed by Education Services Australia.
- Editing long form and short form documentaries, interviews, educational content, music videos, trailers, and promos.
- Documentary research. Media management.
- Archiving. Transcribing.
- Technical troubleshooting.
- Mentoring Assistant Editors and Work Experience students
- Assisting on 3x30min docuseries HOLY SWITCH, aired on ABC, following young people of different faiths.
- Transcoding media. Logging footage. Transcribing interviews.
- Project management. Organising deliverables.
- Troubleshooting technical issues.
- Producing a series of educational videos depicting everyday emergency situations.
- Budget coordination. Scheduling.
- Project management. Research into medical methods.
- Liaising with medical practitioners.
- Released as part of a national high school educational package.
Assisting on a political feature documentary.
Ingesting media. Organising the Avid project. Database management.
Utilising ScriptSync for interviews. Creating visualisations of paper edits.